I am switching the website format from Joomla (which we’ve been using since 2008) to WordPress. Bear with me as I update the graphics/plug-ins etc that will make the site work the way we need.
SCSA has made the following rule change effective immediately:
- Except as noted, substitutions shall be “unlimited”.
- The team in possession may substitute anytime the ball is out of play (corner kicks, throw-ins). However, teams not in possession of the ball can only substitute during these situations provided that the team in possession is also substituting.
- Free substituting is allowed for both teams after goals, goal kicks and at half time.
- The substitutes must be at the centerline ready to enter before the referee will allow the substitution to take place.
- The referee has the authority not to allow the substitution if he/she believes that the procedure will stop the flow of the game or is being used as tactical time wasting ploy.
- If a player is shown a yellow card, the player must leave the field and the team official may substitute for the yellow-carded player, with the referee’s permission. The opposing team will be allowed one substitution at this time only if the team official elects to substitute for the yellow-carded player. The yellow-carded player may re-enter the field only at a guaranteed substitution.
Basically the rules now mimic high school rules. The only change from what we were doing before is that if one team is subbing the other can sub as well AND you can also allow substitution on corner kicks.
Let me know if you have any questions,