The Mid American Cup tournament will be held at Southlakes (SCSA) and Southview (AYSO) fields at 47th and Meridian.
Schedules, Field Maps, Rules and other referee information will be posted here.
This is a record tournament for the MAC tournament and one of the larger tournaments we’ve had in Wichita in the last 2-3 years. Everyone will get lots of games (even first year referees will get some games).
If you have not submitted your availability to referee – contact Mark Bernat immediately (email@example.com).
Wichita Hoops Futsal schedules are published below.
Make sure you take 5pm traffic into account. Plan to be on site by 4:30pm, absolutely no later than 4:45pm. If games start late because of you the entire schedule runs late, there is no make-up time available. If you are late you will be assigned less games in the future. No playing around, no excuses.
All games will be assigned with 2 referees. Payscale is dependent on age of the teams. If you must work a one-man game, you will be paid a $10 bonus for that game.
SCSA Referee Pay – Direct Deposit – NOTE: do not return direct deposit form or W9 tax form to Mark or Rey. We don’t want your personal information. Make sure that you send this directly to the league office.
Even though the new website technically supports e-mail distribution…we have historically used an e-mail distribution list signup that allows you to signup from as many e-mail addresses as you want (work, home, parents, etc).
Most information is posted on the website – but we often have “immediate” info that needs to go out (need a referee for a game that day, etc)….this information is put first on the e-mail distribution list.
2. Fill out the game card with each game you work, turn it into the field marshal after each game. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Each year we have game cards go missing or go home with referees. If you do not turn in your game card immediately after your game you will not be paid for the game.
3. Keep the “stickers” that are with the game card for each game you work. There should be a sticker for each referee team member.
4. Collect your stickers for the entire weekend and put them on a payment card or paper. Cards will be available at the referee tent for your use.
5. At the END of your schedule, report to the administration tent to confirm your payment amount. The administrator will review your card with you, add up your total and you will sign your card. You must turn in the W9 at this point or your payment will be held until they’ve received a W9 form from you.
6. Challenger sports will mail checks for each signed card that has an accompanying W9 by mid-week.
It was an eventful weekend of refereeing and largely a success. Thank you all for bearing through the weather Saturday. I have seen many of you respond positively to feedback and am thrilled to see you all working on improving your soccer officiating repertoire. Continue reading →
The season is well under way now. The players, coaches, and parents are now going into the second half of their season and things will be getting more and more competitive. We as referees must be up to the challenge and welcome the responsibility of making important decisions in the ‘moments of truth’.Continue reading →